The investment an Associate Members makes in the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of NTMA (SFBA NTMA) provides opportunities for mutually beneficial enterprise building and collaboration. Our Associate Members share our vision and mission to support precision custom manufacturing in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Associate membership is open to any individual or entity which is interested in the purposes of the SFBA NTMA, and provides a service or product to Regular Members.
Our Associate Members partner with SFBA NTMA in this unique forum where precision custom manufacturing business owners work together to exchange ideas, solve problems, build enterprise, and influence the way business and government operates now and in the future. Our partners work with us in these efforts by providing support necessary for our members to grow and scale a successful business.
Each Associate Member shall be sponsored by a Regular Member in good standing. The Regular Member shall be a contact to help bring the new Associate Member on board with the culture of the chapter and shall act as a contact in the event the Associate Member does not uphold the Associate Member Policy (ie: failure to pay dues, failure to reach member quota).
As an Associate Member, annual dues support the mission of the San Francisco Bay Area NTMA Chapter, including but not limited to advocacy, advice, education, networking, information, programs and services.
The SFBA NTMA relies on the continuous support and participation of Associate Members. Associate Member application shall be submitted to the Board of Directors for review and approval, a favorable vote of two-thirds of the Board of Directors present at the meeting or by proxy, shall be required for acceptance of the application. It is at the sole discretion of the Board to approve or deny membership. The Board shall limit the number of associates per category, to no more than two Associate Members per category (this number can be changed at Board discretion). Annual Associate Membership dues are established by the Board of Directors and shall be reviewed annually.
The continued growth and success of the SFBA NTMA chapter is closely tied to a strong relationship with all Associate Members. It shall be expected that each Associate Member shall help recruit and successful sign up one regular member per six months or two regular members per year. Associate Members that do not meet member sign up requirements, shall lose associate member benefits, one half of dues, excluding the educational member sponsorship shall be returned, upon loss of privileges. Associate members shall be reviewed on a quarterly basis. If a member exceeds the regular membership quota, any additional sign ups may be credited to the next year (max of two).
Associate Member Benefits Include:
• Public recognition of your company's leadership in effecting a positive impact on the economy in the SF Bay Area
• Active promotion of your company in multiple channels among SFBA NTMA constituents, including members, associations, alliances, partners, influencers and media
o Business card link on website
o Option to place ad prominently featured on the website home page for one month
• News worthy events posted on SFBA NTMA website and calendar
• Direct access to custom precision manufacturing businesses as potential clients at SFBA NTMA events, held throughout the Bay Area
o Option to sponsor or cosponsor outings, field trips and events
• Positive public and community relations image, resulting from participation in SFBA NTMA joint ventures
• Opportunity to obtain business referrals, leads and influence with your content
• Opportunity to be integrally involved in the planning and development of programs that will help increase the viability and success of your business
• Exposure to new and creative ideas and innovative business practices
• Opportunity to host Table Top at open meetings (may not host back to back)
• Ability to attend open chapter meetings at a member rates (two representatives may attend for free, member rates for each additional attendee.)
Annual Associate Membership dues are $1,250.00; this includes the sponsorship of a Bay Area Educational Institution. Educational Institutions (Schools, College, Technical Center, etc) may apply as Associate Member under the Education Category. Educational Members may apply to have the Associate Membership Fee and the member sign up requirement waived, please contact Michelle Myhre (email@example.com) directly when submitting your application.
Additional advertising and sponsorship opportunities shall be available during the year; these opportunities will be made available to Associate Members on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Any additional advertising or sponsorships costs shall be in addition to the Annual Associate Membership dues.
If you have any questions, please contact Glenn Van Noy.